Wednesday 2 December 2015

Lesson 2

Lesson 2 -Speech Quality 

In Todays Lesson, We learnt about Speech Quality, a singing style that is close to our speaking voice. Speech Quality has no vibrato, thick fold cover and uses minimal effort. I believe speech quality is a quality I have more ability within as its near to a comfortable range that use daily whilst speaking, I find it easy and effortless to sing within. 

Within the lesson we were given the choice of 6 songs. We had to pick the one we believe fits best within our voice. I choose Do i wanna know ?- Arctic monkeys. I picked this song as I know it well and I'd sung it before. We were given 10 minutes to learn a part of the song and then to record it. I spent some time listening to the song and understanding how to sing it within my own style of speech quality. I recorded myself singing the first verse so that I could determine which parts I needed to work on more, and sang accapella to help get the feel of the song. After recording the song I didn't enjoy how I sounded as I did it accapella, so am going to record the song again with me playing piano whilst singing in speech quality. From being recorded however I had a better understanding of where I was messing up and struggling.

Speech Quality Attempt - Arctic Monkeys- Do I wanna know?

No comments:

Post a Comment