Wednesday 2 December 2015

Lesson 1

Lesson 1- Vocal Warm Ups 

In today's lesson we were taught on the benefits of vocal warm ups,this included how to do them as-well as their benefit and then towards the end of the lesson we preformed a song of our choice to show our ability and style of voice. 

I learnt that vocal warm ups are the most beneficial way to keep your voice from harm and improve vocal range. Here is each warm up there beneficial qualities- 


  • Range- Scales,Arpeggios,Sirening,Expand exercises, Interval exercises.
  • Tone- Humming,Vocal Fry, Tongue/Jaw, Placements/Vowels,Lip/Tongue trills.
  • Breathing- Breath control,Support,Understanding the connection between breath and vocal control.  -Breathing Warm Up
  • Articulation- Tongue Twister, Facial warm ups, Massage,Jaw exercisesTrills  


I really enjoyed the learning the benefits of using vocal warm ups, and will continue to use them before singing, I believe this will benefit long term so I don't end up with Vocal problems later on in life. 

For my performance I  preformed Birdy-Shelter, I enjoy preforming this song as i believe it shows my ability to use my Falsetto quality and others. I played piano whilst performing, I played the song twice as first time I got very nervous and couldn't play piano with the shakes, however I overcame my fear and preformed. I would like to re preform this song as make it more my own and not do it as much like the artist. I believe within my vocal studies I will learn how to stylistically appropriately change a song. Performance- Birdy- Shelter Cover  


No comments:

Post a Comment